Sunday, July 22, 2012

Improv w.i.p.

I started working on a first christmas gift. It is never too early to start, is it?! Sometimes I see something that fits someone’s style but by the time I need a gift for that person I have already forgotten about it because I didn’t take notes when inspiration struck. So that’s why I started right away last night when the idea crossed my mind.

I did some improv block following this tutorial of Elizabeth Hartman. For obvious reason I can’t show you too many details but here’s what I’m working on:

Christmas w.i.p (2)_ed

And here’s a close-up. I love love love these fabrics that I found at a local fabrics-and-notions-thrift-store. It is also great for a backing because it has a width of 2,40 metres. It is 100% cotton and from Turkey. It says “MODEV Lux Ranforce Carsaf” on the selvage.



Have you already started your christmas sewing? Do you write down ideas for gifts?

Happy Sewing (for Christmas)!
Christine

1 comment:

  1. I love these blocks - this is one of my favourite designs and your colours are fresh.

    There is, sadly, no chance that I will even manage to start writing myself a list of pressie ideas until at least October.
    Well done for getting ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to leave me a comment. You make my day :o)))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...