Friday, January 4, 2013

First Finishes 2013

Happy New Year and best wishes for a healthy and happy year 2013!

I didn’t get much me-time (aka sewing time) during the holidays (and to be honest neither during most of december) so I am keen to get to my machine more often. I made a good start on New Year’s Eve and finished an easy Pillowcover for my youngest son:

Pillowcase Rupert_blogged

Dinosaurs are quite “en vogue” over here and my boys can’t get enought of them. They memorize names and facts – the bigger the Dino’s mouth the better (o:

Guess what happens when you sew a pillowcover for one of your kids?!
Yep. I made another one on New Year’s Day.

Pillowcase Maximilian hinten_blogged Pillowcase Maximilian vorne_blogged

And then there was another first for me this year: I never played with Denyse Schmidt’s fabrics before. Linda sent us some beautiful DS fabrics for her Sew-Euro-bee-an month:

Sew Euro bee an November Linda

She asked for two 12,5” patchwork blocks with a special square – a pieced or appliqued part.

Sew Euro bee an November Linda Blocks

Here are the two specials I made for her: a pieced block that I made up (but I’m sure there is an official name to it) and a little appliqued fish.

Sew Euro bee an November Linda Block 1 detail Sew Euro bee an November Linda Block 2 detail

Linda, I’m sure your quilt is going to be gorgeous! And thank you very much for your giant paper clip!

Onto my resolutions for this year: More me-time. For sports, sewing and my newest discovery: audiobooks. Quite selfish, isn’t it?! Oh, and BTW I want to sew more for myself and my family. I saw someone call that selfish-sewing. I guess with those two pillows I made a good start (o: And then there is one other thing: I want to keep our house tidier. But that isn’t likely to happen as this resolution is contradictory to my first / selfish resolution… /o:

Wishing you all the best for 2013
Christine

5 comments:

  1. Cute pillows. You know - quality Me Time is important. I don't mean in a selfish way, but in a gather-yourself-and-recharge-your-batteries way. I don't function well at all without it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's selfish to want more me-time as if you're unhappy or tired you can't make your family happy. I hope you get lots of sewing time this year.
    Linda's block was so fun, wasn't it? I love the DS fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pillows Christine!

    Like Elisabeth I don't think it's selfish to want more time for yourself. It's EXHAUSTING with small children and you have to be sure to look after yourself!!! if mom falls apart then the whole family falls apart!!! I gave myself a few days off before Christmas to get healthy again and have some time for myself - and my family didn't even notice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have children so me-time is much easier. And I still feel guilty! Love the blocks for Linda - especially the little fish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty blocks, and I love your pillow covers! And it's ok to be a little selfish sometimes - it's called balance! Whoop whoop for your finishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to leave me a comment. You make my day :o)))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...