Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Impressions of FQSR London 2013

 

Classes

My first one was John’s Embroidery class. Here he is, showing the (rope?) stitch.

John

Here is a Penguin & Fish Monkey that I started in John’s Class and finished during the weekend.

Embroiderec monkey

Next up was Trudi with her Free Motion Quilting Classes

Trudis class

Trudi at machine

Trudi feathers

Trudis tabletopsession

My FMQ Practice Piece:

FMQ Sample

Sunday Morning went by with Ruth’s Trapunto Class.

Trapunto

Here’s my slightly overstuffed heart:

Trapunto heart

 

Swaps

Here’s our Secret Sample Swap Group: (from left to right: Kathy, me, Sue, Mandy)

Sample Swap Ladies

And this is our lot: buntings, mug rugs, embroidered placemats/centrepieces and fabric baskets.

Sample Swap Objects

The Scrappy Strip Swap:

Stripswap

 

Miscellaneous

Besides, there was the Quilt Market in the Main Hall…

Fabric Market

And last but not least, a generous goodiebag:

Goodybag

with fabrics, thread and a variety of notions. Thanks you very much, dear sponsors!

Goodybag fabrics

Lots and lots of chatting, laughing and stitching…

Fooling around

… a quick visit to the V&A Museum with Liz, who was ill last year and whom I finally met in person this year. It is so much fun to get to know online pals after all that blog reading, emailing and commenting. Thanks for taking me to the V&A, Liz!!!

Liz and I

And then there was some sightseeing on Sunday afternoon and Monday morning. Thank you very much, Carol, Lizzy, Sue and especially to you, Ann!

IMG_3546IMG_3545

Thank you everyone (FQ Team, Teachers, Sponsors, Fellow Attendants, and BPH staff) for making this weekend memorable!

Christine

6 comments:

  1. Sounds and looks like an absolutely fantastic time. Love love the monkey. Vielleicht habe ich ja nächstes Jahr Muße und Finanzen, um teilzunehmen? Zu hoffen wär's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was lovely to meet you. Liz is a doll isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  3. was für ein schöner Rückblick! Es war so schön, dich wieder zu sehen!! Und am Montag hattet ihr ja offenbar noch schön viel Spaß - toll :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to catch up with you again Christine. Hope we can all meet up again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I especially loved our dinner together ;-) Thanks again for the wonderful bee blocks you brought me. I'm looking forward to putting my quilt together. I'm already looking forward to next year's FQR and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Das war doch schön, oder??!! Bis bald..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to leave me a comment. You make my day :o)))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...