Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Thank you!!!

Elmer Thank you

A special thanks to everyone

  • who visited my little blog during Blogger’s Quilt Festival.
  • who left me a comment. I never received so many lovely and encouraging coments before. You all made my day week month!
  • who voted for my little Elmer Quilt!

I am still in awe that my little quilt won I prize! When I received Amy’s email I first thought that I had won a random prize. When I realized my quilt had won the Scrappy Quilt Category, I was so happy that I giggled and danced around the house like a mad woman (o;

Oh wait, there are more people to thank:

  • Amy – for organizing this Festival. I am sure you put much energy and time into this online gathering of Quilty Bloggers.
  • The Sponsors – for all the generous prizes you offer for winners and readers.
  • Pinners – thank you for pinning and re-pinning my little Elmer on Pinterest.

Congratulations to all the other winners (Button below links to list of winners)!

AmysCreativeSide

Happy Quilting!
Christine

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Your family can be really proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Well deserved! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juhuuu :o) Congratulations!
    Your "Elmer Quilt" is really adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh very many Congratulations Christine... That is such a cute quilt... Just shows what you can do when you go for it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!! I voted for your ultra cute elephants!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I am so glad your beautiful quilt won!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your Elmer quilt. I sell Kaffe Fassett fabrics and would like to make this quilt and sell fabric for others to make it. I would credit you with the idea. May I have your permission? lori.allison@hotmail.com Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I answered Lori by email but thought that my answer could be helpful for others, too. So here's what I wrote to her:

      "[...] You are very welcome to copy my idea. I personally don't have any objections whatsoever. I just want to state that the original design of "Elmer" was David McKee's work. He (or his publisher) probably owns all copyrights. I am therefore not sure if it would be o.k. to turn this Elmer Quilt into a "pattern for sale". That is to say, if you want to earn money by selling an "Elmer Quilt Pattern" you should probably ask the author's permission.

      I am however no expert regarding this topic. I am happy and honoured that my little idea inspired others to make a similar quilt. Feel free to make your own, please just make sure you respect the author's rights :o) [...]"

      Delete
  8. As a former librarian I have had your "Elmer" creation bookmarked for about a year - just waiting for a reason to ask permission to use your idea. Now that I have my first grandchild on the way I was looking for a way to contact you.

    I am NOT AT ALL surprised to find that your quilt won this award!

    If I were to use your design it would be for one quilt for personal use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind words. As I couldn't reach you directly, I try to get back to you this way. You are very welcome to make an (or several) Elmer quilt(s) for your grandchild (may there be more to come!). I would love to see what you come up with, how your interpretation of an Elmer Quilt will look like. Have fun and congrats to the grandma-to-be!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to leave me a comment. You make my day :o)))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...